Friday, July 16, 2010

Gettin' my kicks...

Okay so I'm not traveling down the Mother Road of Route 66, but my Route 66 fabric did come in the mail today!  Last summer when we drove to Vegas, we drove on Route 66 for a few miles and visited this awesome roadside diner.  My husband and I are planning on driving Route 66 from Chicago to Santa Monica next summer...the whole stretch!  I thought I would make him a Route 66 quilt for Christmas. 

A few fabric designers make Route 66 fabric but I think they are older lines of fabric and I really couldn't find coordinating fabric.  So I shopped around the fabric shops by my house and online and found fabric that goes together well.  I am not really working off a pattern - just a sketch I drew about what I want it to look like.  The hubby is still off work due to his surgery so I might have to wait to start this quilt (or wait until he's asleep!)

0 comments: