Friday, March 11, 2011

Long time, no blog

Well it has been a long time since I posted anything on this blog.  The last post was right before Halloween.  Shortly after that, I made a quilt for my uncle and he passed away the week before Thanksgiving.  I finished up some random sewing projects for Christmas and really haven't done much since.  It has been a long winter - lots of stress at work and not a lot of "me" time.  Right before Christmas my husband found out he is allergic to gluten, eggs, milk, tomatoes, and garlic.  So we had to do a drastic diet makeover - he is down 35 pounds and I'm down 22 so there has been an "up" side to not being able to eat what we want.

But I'm back - I have tons of fabric to work with and I'm excited to start creating again!  I'm working on a 99 Charms Quilt - my mom, mother-in-law, sister, cousin and I have been collecting different Halloween material for a charm quilt.  We finally have 99 different fabrics so we can start sewing together the quilt top!


Here is a picture of my Uncle with his quilt...I just love this pic...

0 comments: