Sunday, October 25, 2009

Projects using Scraps


My scrap bag is getting full and I wanted to use my scraps for an additional gift for those I made quilts for. The first "scrap-busting" project I found was cutting up your scraps into little squares and filling glass ornaments. (See the picture below.) I love this idea so I started small baggies with scraps for each person I made a quilt for. I am also making a mini-ornament from each bag of scraps for myself so I can celebrate each and every quilt I make.

The 2nd project I found was a cute, fabric envelope - PERFECT for giving packets of hot cocoa. Here is the free pattern.


3rd project I found was an adorable purse - well actually a great set of 7 projects - but I love this purse! I started on one using the black & white scraps from the quilt I made for my sister. Check out these free patterns.


Patterns for other ideas:
Casserole Holder / Pot Holder
Scissor Satchel

Make every scrap count!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the ideas!!!