Monday, May 10, 2010

3 Cups of Tea School Quilt

I blogged a few months ago about making a quilt with my entire school. I have pictures of the finished product! The quilt is based on the books "Listen to the Wind" and "Three Cups of Tea" which every child in our school read. The art club made three dimensional dolls that look just like the ones in the illustrations of "Listen to the Wind".  The quilt is quilted with a teacup pattern.  I think the kids are going to love the quilt - a few kids in my class are working on a presentation about it that I will post laster.
Also, our classroom quilt is finished! My mother-in-law did a beautiful job and I can't wait for our "classroom quilt show" on Friday where it will be shown to the kids for the first time. I will post pics of the classroom kite quilt after Friday!!!


Dolls made by the art club



Student signatures...
 



Middle panel



The finished quilt...


Check out this link to read more information about the book...

0 comments: