Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happy Scrappy Houses

Okay, so I'm kind of attached to my scraps so I can't throw them away but I really didn't know what to do with a bunch of little pieces.  I found this pattern at Quiltville.com and I knew I had to make it.  Each house is made from scraps from a certain quilt.  I am going to make 20 houses to celebrate making my first 20 quilts.  When I put the quilt together, I am going to start with the house made from the first quilt I made and go in order.  I finished 6 houses tonight - it is a lot of tiny cutting and piecing but they were fun to make.  I trimmed them a little bit to make them perfectly 7 1/2" squares.
From left to right, top to bottom: 
Pinwheels, True to the Red White & Blue, A Blanket for Baby Becket, Full Bloom, Big Jets, & 3 Cups of Tea


Now I just have to find some pretty fabric for the border of the blocks.  Maybe I'll look in my stash or maybe I'll have to go shopping for more fabric...

0 comments: