Wednesday, January 6, 2010

BIG JET'S quilt

So basically everyone got a quilt for Christmas: my husband, mom, mother-in-law, sister, dad, cousin, and best friend.  I didn't think my cousin's long time boyfriend would want a quilt - let's just say the first time I met him when I was 16 he pulled a deer leg out of his trunk - and my husband also talked me out of making him one and opted for some specialty brews instead.  After Christmas he joked about why he didn't get a quilt - so I decided to make one for his birthday in February.  He is into airplanes so I found a picture of an airplane quilt and designed a pieced/appliqued block of an airplane (my first time every doing applique!).  I found some great airplane fabric for the background of the block and a cool map-looking fabric for the outside border.  I am going to try and finish this one in the next week or two so I can get it quilted before his birthday.

Today was back to work...it's great having a teacher's schedule but it's always hard going back.  It was nice to see the kiddies though - by tomorrow I'll be back on my own schedule.

BIG SNOW headed our way so maybe that will be an excuse to stay in this weekend and sew.  I have been trying to trap a stray kitten outside our patio.  I have a cat trap (one that won't hurt the cat of course) set up sos I will be keeping an eye on it all night before the snow...





my fabric


close up of the fabric (i luv the map fabric!)


the plane block

0 comments: