Saturday, January 9, 2010

Busy week and being lazy...

It feels so nice to lay around and do nothing!!!  I know, I just had 2 weeks off for winter break but I was back to work this week.  I've been trying to catch a stray kitten that was roaming around outside my building so I borrowed a trap on Wednesday from a shelter and spent all night Wednesday getting up every hour to check the trap.  The kitten (now named Vader) finally was caught at about 6:30 a.m., as I was getting ready to leave for work.  She spent the day in my bathroom in the trap, not the perfect situation but at least she was warm, out of the snow, and had food and water.  It just breaks my heart to see cats, especially kittens, outside in the freezing cold and snow with no one to love them!  We found the cat we have now, Jango Fett,  outside in the freezing cold about 3 years ago.  He was a mess when we got him - parasites, ear mites, bite wounds, etc.  He is now the king of the castle and the most spoiled cat ever!!!  We dropped Vader off at the shelter on Thursday night, where she will be checked out by the vet, spayed, and if she is friendly, hopefully Jango Fett will agree to adopt her! 


I am NOT happy to be in this cage...but it is warm in here!!!

To add to the crazy week, on Thursday we had about 7 inches of snow and Thursday night we had about 8 more inches!  I was up at 3:30 a.m. on Friday digging my car out and brushing it off.  The snow is melted and the roads are clear today but it is COLD!!!!  I can't work anymore on the "Big Jets" quilt until I go out and buy some dark brown thread but I am too lazy to go anywhere today.  So I decided to do something on my computer - I hope you enjoy the slideshow of my family opening up their quilts for Christmas!


Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Christmas Quilts
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

0 comments: